This delicious recipe comes from Ann Gentry, creator and founder of one of our sponsor restaurants, Real Food Daily.
As the executive chef of Vegetarian Times magazine, I prepared this tartine (open-faced sandwich) on The Today Show. Here, I’ve put my vegan mark on the recipe; among the changes, I use vegan mozzarella cheese instead of parmesan.
- 6 ounces vacuum-packed soft silken tofu (such as Mori- Nu)
- 6 cloves garlic, roasted Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, cut into 1⁄2 -inch-thick slices
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 1 (8-ounce) bag fresh spinach
- 6 tablespoons grated vegan mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 French baguette, halved lengthwise, then cut crosswise in half Continue reading
A big congrats are in order for environmentalist and actress, Natalie Portman, who married dancer/actor Benjamin Millepied in an eco-friendly ceremony over the weekend.
The couple tied the knot under a rustic Jewish chuppah made of twigs while on a beautiful buff overlooking the ocean in Big Sur, California. The pair were eager to include eco-friendly elements throughout the day. Per People.com:
Instead of having flowers flown in, the ceremony featured wildflowers indigenous to the Big Sur coast where the ceremony took place, and instead of “fish or steak” the menu was strictly vegan in keeping with the bride’s diet.
The entire menu was plant-based and animal free. In lieu of a cake, the guests were treated to French macarons, an ode to Millipied’s French heritage.