This delicious recipe comes from Ann Gentry, creator and founder of one of our sponsor restaurants, Real Food Daily.
As the executive chef of Vegetarian Times magazine, I prepared this tartine (open-faced sandwich) on The Today Show. Here, I’ve put my vegan mark on the recipe; among the changes, I use vegan mozzarella cheese instead of parmesan.
- 6 ounces vacuum-packed soft silken tofu (such as Mori- Nu)
- 6 cloves garlic, roasted Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, cut into 1⁄2 -inch-thick slices
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 1 (8-ounce) bag fresh spinach
- 6 tablespoons grated vegan mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 French baguette, halved lengthwise, then cut crosswise in half Continue reading