The first round of nominations is closed, and The Nature Conservancy is now calling all foodies to vote for the best green restaurant in the Los Angeles area. EMA is especially proud to promote this contest because three of the five semi-finalist restaurants (Border Grill, Pace, and Real Food Daily) are our good friends and sponsors!
Bite sized actions make a big difference. Share your passion to help raise awareness for delicious food that’s good for you and for the planet. Vote and you’ll be entered to win a gourmet salsa and avocado basket donated by Petty Ranch and The Best of VC Marketplace.
“Food is one of the most personal ways we connect with nature. Support your local restaurants that offer sustainably caught seafood and locally harvested fruits and vegetables,” said Wendy Pulling, California Director of Conservation Programs, The Nature Conservancy. “You can boost the local economy, enjoy a great meal and help the planet.”
The 5 semifinalists are: Continue reading
The Nature Conservancy is calling all foodies! Tell us your choice for the best green restaurant in your city (click here to see participating cities) and be entered to win a gourmet salsa and avocado basket donated by Petty Ranch and The Best of VC Marketplace. It’s the perfect California summertime combo. The top vote-getters will advance, but only one restaurant will be named the people’s choice winner of the Nature’s Plate Award.
Use the following sustainable food guidelines to help you pick a favorite restaurant to nominate. Consider any or all of the following:
- Sustainable seafood – Uses ocean-friendly seafood that comes from a sustainable source (not depleting fish populations)
- Free-range and grass-fed meat – Uses meat that is grass-fed, free-range, raised without antibiotics, organic and/or sustainably raised
- Organic – Uses organic produce or other organic food
- Local and seasonal – Uses regionally (within 300 miles) or locally (within 100 miles) grown produce
- Water – Serves tap water rather than bottled water