The Nature Conservancy is calling all foodies! Tell us your choice for the best green restaurant in your city (click here to see participating cities) and be entered to win a gourmet salsa and avocado basket donated by Petty Ranch and The Best of VC Marketplace. It’s the perfect California summertime combo. The top vote-getters will advance, but only one restaurant will be named the people’s choice winner of the Nature’s Plate Award.
Use the following sustainable food guidelines to help you pick a favorite restaurant to nominate. Consider any or all of the following:
- Sustainable seafood – Uses ocean-friendly seafood that comes from a sustainable source (not depleting fish populations)
- Free-range and grass-fed meat – Uses meat that is grass-fed, free-range, raised without antibiotics, organic and/or sustainably raised
- Organic – Uses organic produce or other organic food
- Local and seasonal – Uses regionally (within 300 miles) or locally (within 100 miles) grown produce
- Water – Serves tap water rather than bottled water
Bite sized actions make a big difference for you and the planet. Share your passion to help raise awareness for delicious food that’s good for you and for the planet.